So here are the pictures from the night before Nick left. It was very weird to be right back at the church having President Draughon set apart another son for a mission. I got pictures of everyone individually with Nick but first I had to put this picture in because this is what Nick did a lot of before he left. That boy can fall asleep anywhere, anytime.
Spencer was not happy to see Nick go. This is as close to a smile as we could get.
And it looks like Rose is very upset about Nick leaving here but really she is just super mad I made her wear this dress. I already can't handle the clothes drama with this girl and she just turned 8.
This is a great picture of their respective heights.
These two spent a lot of time together just before Nick left and became best buddies. Isaac has taken on a lot of Nick's nuttiness.
Ok, Rose decided to try and smile this time.
And I didn't get a very good picture of it but we went straight from the church to Sarah and Reese's house for a delayed 1st birthday celebration for sweet Ida. That cake in the background was incredible!
And then the next morning, he was off! Nick was so very ready to go and has been enjoying himself beyond all measure. He says he is "in love with serving a mission" and is now safely in the Salt Lake West area telling us (as did Junior) that MTC Spanish is not real Spanish. He and Junior have both been amazing at writing us every week although I don't get nearly as much info as I'd like. Nick says I can read his mission journal when he gets back. I miss both of them greatly and every once in a while feel pretty sad but then of course I remember what they are doing and how blessed we are that they are worthy and willing to do it and the people that are helping us make this possible and it just feels amazing. I never want to go back in time to relive the day I had to say goodbye to Nick (or Junior) though--that was just too hard. Onward we go!!














1 comment:
I had no idea he left wow thats awesome!
Post a Comment