Monday, August 13, 2012

Congratulations Nick!!

I am so excited that I've got two kids out of school now. Nicholas just graduated from high school and we were lucky enough that both sets of grandparents got to be here for it. We actually had more family here but the seniors were limited to 8 tickets because so many kids were graduating from Nick's school. We got a picture with everyone that was here at the time except for Rose who was apparently playing video games in the bonus room. Everyone was so nice to tromp outside in the heat right in the middle of their dinner just so I could take a picture--you guys are the best!
I made Jer take his turn with the camera so i could exist for a minute. :-)


I was surprised at the number of people at his graduation but it was really nice and now I get to wait 5 years before doing it again. The younger kids were so awesome while we were gone--Spencer, Hannah, and Rose decorated the house to my surprise because I just never had time to deal with it and was feeling kind of badly about it. I wish I'd taken a picture, but they used curling ribbons in Nick's school colors and hung them everywhere and made him a poster and everything. Now that I've waited so long to blog about it, Nick will actually be starting college next week and I'm pretty excited about that too. He's been really busy lately because he got a 2 week job setting up the new high schools here that has been such a great blessing. $9 an hour, 8 hours a day is pretty good money. And he is now on the schedule at the Y as a lifeguard although it's conflicting with the other job this week so we'll see what happens. I can't believe it's taken him 8 months to get that lifeguard gig but since it keeps me at a $20 a month family membership for the Y, I want him to have that job! Nick has about 2 years to go before he's old enough to serve a mission and I am really excited to see what he'll accomplish before then. And speaking of missions, we finally watched that documentary on byutv called the 5,000 days project: two brothers (I think) and it was awesome!! I highly recommend it to anyone whether you have kids preparing for missions or not. Have Kleenex. 

2 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

What a great time that was! I can't describe how happy we were to be able to be there.

Rozanne said...

Congrats Nick! We are very happy for you! So fun to see you all a few weeks ago! Thanks for making the trip. BTW...I need to get your clothes and pillow sent.