Saturday, July 21, 2012

Whatever I feel like


 This new Blogger setup has been throwing me off but now the pictures show up in the order I put them on which is awesome. I would get so tired of trying to think backwards. Just doing a post of whatever I feel like, the pictures above are from back in March when Isaac was still eating baby cereal although I had to feed him while he was sitting in a laundry basket. Don't worry, we have a baby chair too. But that's no fun. And all the pictures below are just different things I've made over the past several months so I can go back to this page and feel like I accomplished something.
 Not sure why I took a picture of this bread, it must've turned out good or something. It's making me hungry to look at it. The tops look all shiny. I like bread. A lot.
And for career day both the girls decided they wanted to be artists or the word art or something like that. Maybe it wasn't career day...word day? I don't know, guess that's why I should blog more frequently since I can't remember anything, but anyhow, I made Hannah's shirt to look like an easel and I even let her help with some of it and I thought the shirts turned out pretty cute.  
 Now I haven't totally given up on Etsy but I am definitely not ever going to make any kind of career out of it. I sure enjoy pretending like I'm going to though. I made the bunny above with a set of dresses and hair clips and then ended up giving it to Rose after I listed it because she loved it so much. I doubt she knows where it is now but that day she was really happy.
 And I made this little guy because Sarah didn't have time to fill a requested order but the requester declined when I made the price what I felt like I deserved. I'd make more per hour making Happy Meal toys in China--but whatever.
 Then I found out Rose gave that purple bunny to her friend at school. EXCUSE ME?! I was a little upset. The girl's mom was so kind as to make her give it back and then when that little girl had a birthday, I made her the bunny you see above. I had to really, I had no money!
 And then one of the sisters I visit teach had a baby and I grabbed some yarn scraps to make the blanket above. I loved the colors, it reminds me of ice cream for some reason. Rose wanted it too, but I managed to get it out of the house to my friend.
 And I made a recipe from Pinterest that scared me because I have no idea how to buy beef. I can do ground beef but I get very confused by all the words on all the meat at the store. I grabbed something with the word sirloin in it and made this beef and brocolli dish that was AMAZING! I even made it wrong (too spicy) because it was the fourth recipe I'd made that day and had doubled all the others in my head. This one was doubled already on paper which I knew til I got halfway through making it, then I forgot. So yea, a little spicy. But SO amazing. I've bought more sirloin-y stuff this week. I could eat this all day. I think I'd rather eat this than frosting. Recipe can be found at http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-417751. I used apple sauce instead of sherry and now I really want a wok because I doubled the recipe and it nearly didn't fit in my saucepan. Did I mention this recipe was amazing?
 And I tortured myself by doing giant cookies for my valiant class again. I came into the class being told that they had some behaviour problems. Not even close in my opinion. When I realized how good they were (the kids, not the cookies) I wanted to take back my promise! 5 giant cookies later and I finally made one for just my family for the 4th. A few weeks ago I was made a counselor in the primary again. It's been a LONG time since I've been in a presidency and I must admit, being a Primary teacher is probably my favorite calling ever. Particularly the valiant classes for some reason. Weird. But the coolest thing ever is that my sister-in-law is the other counselor. Life doesn't get much better than that!
I probably will do more of a post on this later but we did our three garden beds again this summer and have had much more success than last summer. We are growing Roma tomatoes like crazy but I don't like the flavor of them. I want to grow those tomatoes that taste like candy. Ok for my lemon black bean salsa I eat by the cupful though. But the biggest surprise was the cantelopes. We decided not to plant any this year but thanks to us letting the ones the ants got ahold of last year rot into the garden, we got cantelopes anyway. Not a ton but a nice surprise. We are waiting on corn now. We really want to eat corn. I've got 4 boxes of butter just waiting for that corn. And apparently most of the country is in the grip of a drought so serious our food prices will rise soon. We just keep having rain here and I am SO thankful for every drop of it. I'm really enjoying this blogging thing again.

1 comment:

Jedi Kenshin said...

It's me, your sister in Florida. It's great to hear from you again! Thought maybe Pinerest had stolen you forever. It sounds like you've been having a rough time of it. Hopefully things are settling down. Love You!!!!