This has been a really lovely day. We officially refinanced on our house for $150 less a month--(gotta love an interest rate of 3.25%) and now we will skip the August payment right in time to help us get Junior off on his mission. We'll also get a good bit back from the escrow/insurance stuff and I am just in amazement at how incredibly well-timed everything has been. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us and kept such careful watch over us. I cannot even express how grateful I am.
Junior got at least 4 hours extra today at work too so that is awesome. And I signed Spencer up today for whatever he had to do to start school and it was only $25! It was close to $200 last year but already having a PE uniform and taking him out of band really helped. I know it's horrible to deny a kid a music class but considering I don't think he practiced one time last year and complained all year about having to carry his trombone--I'm not putting up with that again. Not for a $100 band fee.
We were trying to avoid the long lines at the school this morning by going a little later and it worked out so perfectly--I think it took us less than ten minutes to do everything. A friend from church helped get him a choice top locker too. Pays to have those connections.
And we were helping a Girl's Camp mom this week by watching her daughter today and near the end of the week, I am usually out of the fun foods the kids like but I was determined not to run to the store to keep people happy so I had to cook 3 different meals today instead of the usual one (dinner is usually all I do) but it'll be worth it when Spencer gets home and sees the amount of dishes I made for him tonight. :-)
And best of all--nothing has broken today. Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment