Monday, October 3, 2011

3-D Fun

So here's what I sent to Suzie for her prize--one of these (filled with chocolate of course). I haven't really done much with 3-D projects for the cricut because those files usually cost money but I happened upon a really great file for free and tried it out. It was awesome! I had missed the birthday of a lady I visit teach and I made her one too filled with chocolate and added a card that said, "I 'flipped' out when I realized I missed your bday!" She liked it so much, even though it was the first time I'd visit taught her (or even met her for that matter), she gave me a hug.




For the first two flip-flops I made (the striped ones below), I used patterned paper for the tops, then realized I needed something thicker like cardstock. I suddenly realized I had no patterned cardstock. Every piece of cardstock I have is completely plain. I hadn't really been paying attention to the thickness of the paper I was buying here and there at Hobby Lobby. But I had no money or patience --common theme around here, huh? :-)--and so I found a couple patterns online I liked and printed them onto colored cardstock. Ta-da! Tiny dots and zebra print. It worked great and now I know what to do in a pinch. I finally had some time to head over to Hobby Lobby right when their cardstock packs were all on sale so there went the rest of my carefully saved $$. Those 50% off sales are killing me.



5 comments:

6L's said...

i love it! you're so creative and talented. :)

Lesley said...

They are adorable! you are so talented and thrifty!

Suzie Howe said...

So Cute! I enjoyed the chocolate too. Thanks Linda you are so crafty. It is totally the perfect visiting teaching gift, or hmm maybe secret sister gift for girls camp.

Anonymous said...

Those are extremely cute! Very darling looking.
And here is the information: For the ornament, Billy thinks that maybe Ben would prefer Benjamin to Ben. The birth dates and hair color are: Ben is November 21, 1996 and it's dark brown; Sawyer is September 26, 1998 and it's light brown; LauraBeth is December 27, 2001 and it's medium brown.

Rozanne said...

I love your craftiness and especially that clever card to go with it! You are so fun!