Thursday, August 25, 2011

I figured it out

How to use freezer paper and fabric paint and the cricut and do tshirts that is. Here's Rose modeling hers. I think she was doing some crazy dance too.

The yellow shirt is actually the first one I did. Rose got invited to a birthday here and I didn't want to spend $$. :-) So, I used inkscape and the cricut to get the kid's name printed out (inkscape so I could curve the lettering) on the freezer paper (backwards so shiny side is up), ironed it down quickly--shiny side down, then painted and waited just til dry to the touch and peeled the freezer paper off. So awesome. What was not awesome was two seconds after whoever took this picture took it, I dropped the fabric-paint soaked (black of course) foam brush on my new carpeting in my new house. You can still see it too despite my quick actions. So if I ever show you around my house and can't seem to move from a certain spot in my room, you'll know what I'm standing on. :-)





Then the boys told a kid at church I could make any kind of tshirt he wanted so he brought some over and I got some more practice. Here's one of them. I really like white on blue.

I also wanted to put a picture on the front of that birthday kid's shirt so I did some more inkscaping and I think it turned out okay.

And I just realized I have some garment-quality superfine glitter so I've got a sparkly shirt setting up in the other room as we speak. Does life get any better?


5 comments:

Suzie Howe said...

Next time we get together you HAVE to show me how to do this. Your shirts turned out AWESOME!

Jen said...

I love freezer-paper stenciling. I have used it for quite a few things from lettered bean bags to some canvases for gifts, as well as t-shirts and onesies. Granted I have only used my cricut so I can't imagine the awesomeness of additional programs. It is awesome!

Lesley said...

Linda I feel your pain about paint and carpet! I was making a gift for a friends new baby, using the freezer paper thing with Bekahs help, next thing I know AJ got a hold of the paint splattered it all over the dining room and living room carpet. Little footprints galore, with fabric paint of course. Needless to say I couldn't cover that up so now we have tile. Who puts carpet in the dining room anyway?!

Eric and Rozanne said...

You are SO talented! I love seeing all your great ideas. The t-shirts with the cereals, candy (like skittles, etc), and old video game things are so popular now...you could really be the coolest mom ever!(Not that you aren't already) :) I have no doubt that you could figure all those out.

The Young's said...

We were looking at getting t-shirts for Deuce's football team and people are paying $20 to get shirts made!!! I refuse, but we also don't have shirts, but that's ok...he knows we are there cheering for him!!