Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nashville Zoo

We spent our last day in Tennessee at the Nashville Zoo and all I can remember is that it was really HOT! Barbara must've been so relieved to get back to the dry 100's in Tucson. I bought a Zoo membership during Spring Break for the family but due to weather (it was pretty close to the awful tornadoes in Al come to think of it) we never got to use it. So finally we did on the way to taking Grandma to the airport. She was a real sport--I'm not sure I'd ever forgive me for dragging me through that though--in fact it was so hot, we only looked at one section of the zoo, the one with trees. And then we got an email after the move about a fraudulent purchase on our credit card being connected to that membership purchase at the zoo. Nice. It's all good though, but I think we are going to have to go back in the fall maybe when it isn't 1000 degrees in the shade.

I also decided for once to get more pictures of the family rather than the animals and here's the boys being silly.





I did like this white tiger though.

Nick is such a great model. :-)

Isaac didn't eat for 8 hours after this trip, he got so hot--he did drink quite a bit of water though.



Still modeling.
And I like the pink and green in this picture. So purdy.



This wasn't at the zoo--this was at the guest housing on Fort Campbell--we had two adjoining rooms and I actually didn't stay at the hotel except one night I think. It was kind of nice to get to stay in my house until the end. Barbara and Ron took one room and the girls and Jer were in the other. But something that would have driven me crazy was trying to keep the adjoining door open but not all the way open. I don't know if it was Barbara or Ron that came up with this but the towel in the door was brilliant!


And I meant for the kids to play this little travel pictionary man game but Rose just had a blast playing with it.

And I am just going to say it here again because I can't say it enough still--thank you to Barbara and Ron for all your help!! You are the best!

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

They all do look incredibly hot! If you go in the fall, let us know. Maybe we will join you. I went on a field trip with Jarem in the spring and I loved all the animals. I wanted to take the rest of the kids back, but it is just TOO hot! :)