
Despite all my cooking and baking lately, I managed to make a card and gift for a great friend of mine using the cricut--I am getting a wee bit better at Inkscape and SCAL. The silhouette above is a blending of 3 different files, one of which I created from a picture and then messed with the nodes until I liked it. My friend loves flowers and I remembered once she went to the cherry blossom festival in D.C. and she grows roses. It was great to be able to use those two things I know about her to personalize the card and gift and it was so great to see her and my other friends last week. I am going to miss them all so much when we move but we won't be too far away!
1 comment:
I love how you really pay attention to things that your friends like and are able to tie them into gifts later on. That means so much more than just any gift. I LOVE, LOVED the card and the tile. I found the perfect place for the tile in my kitchen and now have a daily reminder of you. :) You are SO talented. Thank you SO much! BTW...we need to plan a going away party for you. When can you do it?
Post a Comment