Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Best Easter Ever

Isn't that pretty? That's all the plastic cups stacked together after we emptied the color dyes.



My favorite egg was this maroon one Spencer managed to make.

Rose got the washcloth bunny on the left from her Kindergarten teacher so I had to make some for my Sunbeams (and some chicks in the back too). My girls figured out how to make them and glue the ears and cotton tails on while I was dealing with Isaac. Gasp!! How dare they?! They did such a good job too! And my Sunbeams loved them, I had all the other Primary kids in tears begging for one too---hah, hah...just kidding...well, maybe a few kids were...:-)



We had an Easter branch party on Saturday and I never got the sign-up so I had no idea what to bring. We had 36 or so hard boiled eggs so deviled eggs seemed like a good choice. Apparently we were supposed to bring muffins and fruit but let me tell you, these eggs disappeared like...like something that disappears really fast. And there were more people crying and begging for these....could my heart get any fuller? I had to make more when I got home because me, Junior and Rose (the only people in this house that eat them) didn't get any. It took us 5 seconds to eat all the ones on the plate above.

Now on the real Easter, we woke up to a nasty thunderstorm. We were running to the car from the house in drenching rain and amidst massive lightning strikes. I was wondering if we were being a little dumb to be that desperate to not be late to church. It was ugly. It made me think a little more about when Christ was crucified and how the world fell into chaos for a while. I got to teach my Sunbeams and the class above them and the lesson went wonderfully. I felt the spirit so strong when I was teaching them about Jesus and how he suffered and died for us. It was really cool--hard to describe, but the best lesson yet. We decorated pictures of a tomb with beautiful little flowers and eggs and had an awesome time. I sure love those kids. I will miss them. Later on Easter, since we do baskets and fun stuff on Saturday, we just spent some time as a family playing games and doing a puzzle and it was cool. One of those days when you just know families really are meant to be together forever. Not that everyone was perfect and peaceful but we had a few moments here and there that were just cool. I love my family. And then scripture reading that night was Mormon chapter 9. That's a great chapter. It was a great day.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Linda you are amazing, I wish I was in your class/ward so I could benefit from your skills.

Rozanne said...

Love it! I love how you guys do spend so much time together as a family. A puzzle is a good idea. I totally tied the lightning and thunder into my sharing time on Easter too. That was pretty cool. I felt the same as you about my sharing time that day. It was an awesome Sunday except my husband being on-call and gone most of the day.