Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not wanting to forget

I love my kids. And the bonus is they crack me up. A lot. I've got to be better about blogging those little things so I never forget them.
Hannah--"This summer when we quit eating all healthy...can you buy some Ritz?"
Rose--She says to me one night when I ended up not going to an RS activity I had been planning on attending--"Mom, I like it when you're not here...because you don't bother us" (seeing the look of pain on my face)--"but I LOVE it when you're here because I love you". I totally get what she meant. She was looking forward to a little time when mom wouldn't be stopping her from watching any tv on a school night or wouldn't make her pick up her socks or wouldn't tell her to finish her homework...yeah, I would want a break from that person too.
And the other night when I was wiping Isaac's eyes that are getting all that crusty sick crud on them, she saw I had gotten some on his forehead and said, "Mom, you got boogers on his brain."
Spencer recently ate Hannah's long and short-term life goals. Yep, ate them.
Every once in a while we manage to play a game of Nerts with the older kids after the younger kids are in bed. Sometimes it gets a little crazy because we should all be in bed. Nick coined the term "uniclops" in a recent game and then set us all off again by doing "lip-ups" on the table. You know--exercising his lips for future kissing opportunities. Let's just say it's a good thing I don't have any bladder control issues...

4 comments:

Suzie Howe said...

My kids love it when I'm gone for a little while too, for the same reasons.

Grandpa Howe said...

Uniclops? What the heck are uniclops?

Maybe that's why I don't play nerts.

6L's said...

LOL, your kids are hilarious! i'd love to see some lip ups, lol. ;)

snapie said...

They are so on a roll!!! LOL