Friday, April 8, 2011
I do have a facebook account. It is just under a pretend name. What some people will do just for coupons! I actually don't hate Facebook. I think it is really useful sometimes. But the thought of having to check it all the time just in case I forgot a really good friend's birthday, etc. is just too stressful. I like Jer having one and when people really want to connect with me on Facebook they can do it through him. I still have a couple childhood friends that have contacted him to contact me and I still haven't gotten back to them! Am I a jerk? Maybe. But I really do want to see how they are doing, yet I don't ...Maybe I am just a nut. Jer said Facebook is like Headline News and Blogging is like 60 Minutes. Facebook gets you major news fast but Blogging can be more interesting if you like to take time for more in-depth kind of stuff. And I know I'd get too drawn into all the fun things going on over there in Facebook land. Our branch president is so funny. He was mentioning a while back a talk our stake president gave about people spending too much time on computers--gaming, facebook, blogging even, whatever... and as our branch president talked about his initial reaction, he goes, "to be honest, all I could think about was what was going to happen to my pumpkins on farmville". He cracks me up. But I get jealous of facebook for a couple reasons. Not because my husband and sons love it, but because Jer can tell people about things faster than me on it and because it really just ruins the surprises I was hoping to have in heaven. We have moved so much and left so many friends behind and I was kinda hoping to see how they were all doing later. When I have time for it. Unless they want to blog of course. :-) To each their own, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was so anit-facebook for so long. I had an account, and all I would get were things like "so-and-so poked you, poke them back now!" How totally lame! Not for me. But I absolutely love FB now. However, I don't do any applications--I hide them all. So I don't see any farmville or any of those other games or silly things that people do. All I see is what my friends put up, and I have really enjoyed it. But FB can be a really bad thing if you let yourself get caught up in all those time wasters...
No FaceBook for me.
One step ahead of the law. That's my motto.
i don't do ANY of the time wasting things on FB and block anything i don't want to see. i purely get on there to check on people which is a few minutes scroll down the statuses. it's amazing how many people i am able to help bc of it! people post things on there that they wouldn't just tell you. as for me, i rarely post there, i prefer saving it for the blog, but that's just me. :)
Post a Comment