Maybe I won't keep up on all these but so far, so good...
1. Adding onions to things! I decided to just make 2 pans or pots of whatever so I can have onions in it. We have enough people to eat that much food usually now and boy do I love the taste of onions!
2. Making dinner every day. Like actually planning it out and then following through instead of my usual last minute panic. It's kind of nice.
3. Kneading bread in the bowl, not on the counter which takes like an hour to scrape all the gunky mess off of--ugh. Why did I not think of this before? Should this have been a dumdum post? hmm.
4. Using what I have rather than overwhelming myself with the possibilities. Okay, so I only did this with the cricket and only because I decided to be frugal right at that moment but I think it's a good idea for the future too.
5. Using prunes to conquer sweet cravings--thank you Sarah!
6. Wearing sneakers all day most days--did you know I get way more done this way? It seems to be some mental thing. I'm lazy in barefeet.
7. Budgeting. I think you've heard enough about that already.
8. Cutting Jer's hair. Okay, so I've only done it once but he didn't have to have it redone by a barber! $$$ saved!
9. Cleaning my house just for me. If I hear the kids say, "Why are we cleaning, who's coming over?" one more time, I may scream. We are cleaning because I live here and I like it clean.
10. Not stressing over my looks anymore. Not that I was ever in my wildest dreams model material anyway and of course I want to be presentable and clean and covering those grays but just the everyday--"oh dear, I'm so fat" routine. It gets old. I'm done. I will try to be more active and healthy--but if I'm never a size 8 again, I'm ok with it. Finally.
11. Couponing! You've probably heard enough of this too but just last week at the commissary I saved $28 with 38 coupons. And some of those I found just lying on the shelves discarded by other shoppers. Some I found under the cheese where the people at the commissary don't even clean. Gross! But hey, you would have picked up $1 if you found it too (only this I didn't have to return since no one is going to claim a coupon). :-)
2 comments:
Great! I love this list. I think there are a lot of similar things I could write. (And maybe I will). Guess I'd better get crackin' and put up my list.
I wish we were going to Redstone, but it looks like we're probably headed for Fort Lewis. But if you guys are staying there for a long time, we still may get there eventually. Of course, by then it might be too late for Jared to get to work with Jeremy again. =(
I love your list! I haven't talked with you for awhile so I came to your blog to get my Linda-dose. :)
Post a Comment