Sunday, December 19, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I got the idea to use tulle to decorate the tree from the Festival of the Nativity at the church (which I got no pictures of which is a shame because it was beautiful). They used red and white to do a "candy cane" tree but I used blue and white glitter tulle and I love it! I also wanted to include the above picture because I think that red bag is the one upon which Grandpa Howe broke his toe after he turned off the Christmas tree lights so it is like the scene of the accident there. And that wooden block Nativity Ben and Lesley gave us for Christmas is under the tree which I love because not only is is beautiful but the kids can actually play with it.
So pretty with the lights off. And before we lose anymore ornaments that we love I thought I'd get a few pictures of my favorites.
This is new this year. Rose's teacher is awesome.
This was given to me by my parents and it made of good old Alabama clay.
My friend Dixie who is one of the best tole painters/crafters I've ever seen made the above ornament for me in Alaska.
My sister Becky gave us this snowflake made out of salt from the Great Salt Lake.
This one is just too cute. I think I just picked it up at Hobby Lobby one year.
And poor Ernie looks a little demented missing the mouthpiece and tube to the Tuba here but I got this off ebay for Jer one year.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful tree, and I love the idea of taking pictures of favorite ornaments, because around here nothing is safe :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

I'm glad you took pictures of your favorite ornaments...that's awesome! I also love the tulle. I noticed that on the nativity tree too and took note, but it didn't happen on our tree this year. :(

Grandpa Howe said...

That's the suitcase all right. I still can't figure out how I couldn't make it four feet in the dark to the couch without breaking my toe.

snapie said...

I love your tree:)I am an ornament fan:)

Dixie said...

WOW..thanks so much Linda!! I really don't think I am all that good but I am glad you liked it!! Your tree looked awesome!!
Dixie