Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Our family has a tradition of using these cute felt stockings my aunt created for us one year when I was growing up. My mom used the patterns she had for mine, Jer's, Jr's and Spencer's but I came up with the rest of ours. And I managed to finish Isaac's before Christmas.




I got the idea for these Nutter Butter reindeer from my friend Laura's blog. These are so cute and easy and the kids loved them.


My sisters have come to visit before my parents and my parents are supposed to come up today to join us but they weren't sure if they'd be able to due to the weather. I was all worried they wouldn't have their traditional felt stockings so we made them new ones and they turned out awesome. Jessica wouldn't let me boss her around as much as I like so hers is more her idea and she added the bells and everything but I think it turned out great.

And Becky had the idea of having Santa get stuck in the chimney and I immediately envisioned this stocking. I loved doing these and can't wait to do them for my grandkids whether they like it or not! :-)
It has already been an awesome Christmas season and I hope you all also have a very, very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Love the stockings...especially the Sant getting stuck! We did something kind of similar, but didn't use the felt ones, we used regular fur stockings, but I bet the felt work much better.

snapie said...

Super cute!!!!I also love the nutter butter cookie idea!