
We found this at the commissary a couple months ago. It is called a dragonfruit. It is super cool looking and it also looks poisonous. I didn't buy one because it was $2.50 and I had no idea what to do with it or what it's supposed to taste like. The internet informs me it is some kind of cactus and tastes like a cross between a kiwi and a pear. And apparently the inside would have looked like this--cool, huh? You can't eat the pink outside so I guess it probably is poisonous.


I think I blogged once about Ugli fruit and then the commissary actually had some so I took a picture.

I guess I need to learn to be more daring and actually try this stuff rather than just taking pictures of it.
2 comments:
I love both of those:) Your so funny! I guess being brought up with tropical type things gives me the unfair advantage on that;)
I just had dragonfruit for the first time this week in the PI. It is not bad but not great either. I say just keep buying pears and Kiwi.
Post a Comment