Friday, November 19, 2010

Spencer is the man!

I just couldn't find time to build this changing table but I really needed it after a horrible night where I changed the baby on the bed as usual and there was a small (huge) explosion and after showering in the middle of the night and having to wash all the bedding-- I think the changing on the bed is over! So Spencer decides after Nick declared this too difficult to build and understand the directions, that he's going to do it. When he came to me to tell me there were a lot of left over parts, my heart sank because I knew he meant well but it would have to be redone. The directions were very unclear and considering he'd never build anything but legos before, it was still impressive that he got the thing together. But it did need to be redone with a few added touches. I went to eat dinner and told him we'd do it together later. He was very upset and wouldn't come down to dinner but then he went ahead while we were eating and took it apart, fixed the missing parts, and rebuilt it! Way to go buddy and thank you!

2 comments:

Anne Osman said...

That was so nice of Spencer. I have to have a changing table, too. I don't know how people o without one.

Grandpa Howe said...

Changing tables? Pooie. I used to just toss the baby in the air, clean it up mid-flight, then catch it with the clean diaper. Voila. Done. Ok, maybe not, but what a man is Mr Spencer! Way to use that analytical mind of yours! I am way beyond proud of you. By the way, Nick, you're a wimp.