Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Catching up on birthdays! Hannah has a great birthday--smack dab in the middle of the summer. We had been promising the kids we would rent one of the post pools out for her birthday and invite their friends from our old ward who they still miss very much and my friend Elke's daughter has a birthday just the day before Hannah's so she went in with us on the pool rental which made it super affordable. Thanks again! It was really a lot of fun and I am so glad the rental includes the lifeguards since Tina's daughter had a little scare. If I ever own a pool and throw parties, I will pay for lifeguards--it is just too easy to become distracted when you're talking to all your friends!





So I bought Hannah's cake for the party because I am lame and Elke made this awesome one, because she is not lame, of some kind of platypus that is very famous and all the kids were yelling at me because I kept calling him the wrong thing.



Here's a better shot of that awesome cake.
I'm pretty sure the pool party was the day before Hannah's real birthday so up next are pictures of what she got from us.


So I did finally make a cake for Hannah's birthday.

These are the eyebrows Tina gave her for when she burned her own off blowing out her candles. :-) (She didn't really--it was just a cute card.)
So Hannah is 9 this year and on her way to becoming a real adolescent. This will be interesting for me because I've only dealt with boys so far and am worried I won't know what I'm doing with a daughter! And even though this blog is 4 months late or so--Happy Birthday Hannah--we love you!!