Monday, July 12, 2010
Taking care of my baby
I'm not sure why I procrastinate certain things and not others. I complained for months about my phone not being able to send text. Not until Tina told me to quit complaining until I did something about it, did I do anything about it. And it was SO easy to fix. So weird. Maybe I like complaining. :-) Recently we've had a little trouble with our Suburban. I know I've blogged about this before--but I love this car. It's the only car I've ever missed when we've had to get rentals. It's old--10 and 1/2 years, we've owned it for 7 1/2. It's practically family. It's at 160,000 miles right now. It was really expensive (for us) and it is a gas monster but I love it. As long as it keeps running, we can have this new kid and all still fit in the car and still be comfortable on trips as long as we tie Nick to the top of the car because he is such a pill. It's had all sorts of mechanical issues but until they cost more to fix per month than a car payment, we'll keep fixing it. Back to my story, so we've had some issues with it recently but nothing that affected the running of it. First, the back doors didn't respond to the automatic lock so I would do that by hand. Then the driver's door wouldn't respond to the automatic lock. No problem. Then the driver's window wouldn't roll down more than about 4 inches and the window behind me wouldn't roll down at all. Maybe the gate guards think I'm trying to conserve A/C when I barely roll the window down. Then the driver's seat can't move back anymore (that's automatic too). It's stuck in the position for my height so too bad Jer. Then the rear right brake light starts falling off the car. Shove it back in each each time I pass it. The engine light comes on but when they test it, it's just some emissions thing and who cares about that? Then the passenger door starts making a HIDEOUS noise anytime someone opens it. I can deal with all this but then came the kicker--Jer breaks the inside handle off the driver's door. So now I can't get out of the car without climbing over to the passenger's door. I probably still wouldn't have fixed it but I am pregnant and huge and this was not going well. It's all being fixed today so now I'll have to find something new to complain about. Maybe the bill. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome that everything will be fixed! Hopefully it didn't cost a fortune. I did feel for you having to get out the passenger side everytime. That's obnoxious for even someone not pregnant. I still laugh when I think about you going through the gate and rolling your window down the 4 inches to get your card through. :)
Post a Comment