Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blue and Gold 2010


I can't believe how much stuff I've missed posting about so far this year!! How dare I skip one of my cakes. :-) This year is the 100th anniversary of scouting and I think the 80th of cub scouting so in honor of scouting in general--Here's my camping cake. People didn't go as crazy this year trying to make cool cakes, it's like people have no time to waste or something but I really liked the one below--too funny!
Although she didn't make it, my good friend Elke was my model to show off Sis. Fuller's hand-made pinatas. They were AWESOME! I just felt so bad when the kids smashed them to pieces.

Here's Nick and Patrick fighting over who's going to break it on the "big kid" side.
And here's the line on the "little kid" side. My camera is too lame to get good shots of the actual breaking but oh well.
Of course the Blue and Gold is also for awards and Spencer got his Webelos that night.


It was a really nice night and we were so lucky to be in a ward that had people who could put on awesome parties like this one.

3 comments:

6L's said...

you totally forgot to say your friend had her baby that night! i know you're gonna want to remember that in years to come, haha! lol, blue and gold was good luck! =)

Eric and Rozanne said...

That was fun, and that was the night Laura had her baby! I loved your cake! I was glad I got to come. I hadn't been to one in about 3 years.

snapie said...

That was fun:)