Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our 1st Eagle Court of Honor

So before we do Nick's court of honor, I thought maybe I should post about the last one. I don't think they are usually this big but with 3 boys getting it at the same time, it was pretty awesome. One of the members of the scout committee in our ward, David Deitrick, did this artwork below for the court of honor. He's a really good artist and this was pretty neat.
I like the picture below because 2 of their young men's presidents are on the ends.

Ok, so we were supposed to do some kind of table to show a little bit about our sons. Poor Jeremy has me for a mom so his was a little lame in comparison to the other 2 scouts but in my defense--both their moms had previous Eagle Scouts. Now I know. Thank goodness we had that cool light-block from Scott and Suzie from Christmas for a little added bling.


Heath Tennyson has been the boys Scoutmaster since we moved into the 3rd ward here in Clarksville 2 years ago. I really don't think you can have Eagle Scouts without excellent Scoutmasters and we are very thankful for him.
Note to self: Do not give camera to 15 year old to document most important times. I love you Nick but we didn't get very many usable shots! And those he took from sitting on the floor.

Jeremy gave his Eagle mentor award to Bro. Tennyson who totally deserved it!

The special speaker at their ceremony was Bro. Jimmy Blackmon who is in the Army. He did a really good job.
And Bro. Hank Taylor was the MC for the evening. He was also the boys' young men's president until he deployed again. He is one of those people who know how to get things done and he really got this Court of Honor planned out and I don't know what else he did but Junior (and the other boys) got a ton of letters and certificates from all over the place acknowledging their achievements.
It was a really great night and the only thing that would have made it perfect would have been for Nick to be part of it, but his time is coming shortly. And it will be kind of cool to have these 3 boys be part of the Eagle's nest at Nick's court of honor.

No comments: