Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Complete Madness

I love the 4th of July. I have been in mourning a little bit for the show in Sierra Vista and we just didn't feel like going out to any of the firework shows here (I think Jer wanted to celebrate the fact that he didn't have to work on the 4th for once by not going anywhere). How could they compare with the Niagara Falls bit anyway? The city of Clarksville did their stuff on Friday and apparently Ft. Campbell did their thing on the 4th. I'm not sure how that went because on the 4th we ended up in our hallway for another wonderful tornado warning around 7pm or so. We had just planned to sit in our driveway and see if we could see any of the fireworks from far away. The tornado threat passed by 8pm and although it was still raining a bit--the people here went on with their fireworks. And by the people here, I mean the lunatics that live on our street. I know it's legal to do fireworks in the city limits here but if it hadn't been raining, I still think all our houses would've burned to the ground. Note to the Youngs--you are in for a treat next year! What was even more awesome is we didn't have to spend a penny on fireworks (we just bought a box of 200 sparklers or so--how lame are we?) or put our lives in danger lighting them--we just got the free entertainment of watching everyone else do it. I didn't realize until partway through the evening that my dumb camera has a "fireworks" setting and so my pictures are kind of goofy. And even though everyone has better pictures on their blogs than I do with their super-powerful cameras, I have to post mine so they'll be in my book. :-) So stop here if you've had enough with fireworks pictures. If you choose to watch the video, just know that the video was taken before it all got way too close for comfort. These people are CRAZY!







2 comments:

snapie said...

That was awesome! I am so excited for next year I know where I am going. So what the heck do you do for the tornado warnings?

Grandpa Howe said...

That was on your STREET?! Makes me glad AZ still outlaws the things.