Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freezer Jam

Walmart was selling cartons of strawberries the other day for $1 so I grabbed a bunch. Then I knew I needed to do something with them before they rotted but I didn't really have a lot of time. I remembered my dad always saying how much he loves strawberry freezer jam but I'd never tried it. So I went and bought a box of the freezer jam pectin powder and got to work. Or set Rose to work anyway.The mashing was the hardest part of the whole thing. I can't believe how easy it was to make and how good it tasted--YUM!I am so glad I made it when I did because our awesome neighbors saw Junior mowing the yard and since they had their riding mower out, the lady drove it over and finished off the yard for him. He is such a lucky boy! Anyway, I have to thank people for things like that, so she got one of the full jars.



1 comment:

Grandpa Howe said...

The only thing that could possibly be better is raspberry jam.