Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trashy people

This is where the trash people put the can after emptying it every week--without fail for 7 months now. I've been tempted to knock it down with the suburban a few times but so far I've controlled myself.

6 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

Idiots! You should wait for them to come then yell at them and maybe throw a few tennis balls at them. Maybe if you left it in the grass...

6L's said...

LOL! your g-pa is funny! our trash people do the same thing and it drives me crazy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Our trash people sort of do that with our neighborhood but we have a couple that walk around the neighborhood putting the cans on the curb and out of the way. It's kind of nice but I know a lot of people get annoyed by it. Lucky for me they live in my cul-de-sac so every once in a great while they will bring my can up to our yard. :)

Lesley said...

In our first house my neighbor and I got into a nonverbal fight with a shopping cart. Some teenagers pushed it right in front of their driveway so to be neighborly they pushed it right infront of our driveway. To be Christ like I pushed it infront of theirs, the battle literally went on for days. Until finally they were the bigger person and pushed it to the alley. This memory has pretty much nothing to do with your story.

snapie said...

I am guessing they didn't get their christmas bonus from you guys:)

Joshua said...

Why is it that this strikes such a chord with people? Not sure... we just like trash-talkin' I guess. I recall in Tucson getting a "nasty-gram" from the City of Tucson for filling my trash can with concrete and bricks and other construction debris. (I was mad that the city levied a "trah tax" on city residents and figured I was going to get my $14/month out of them, so I made it a point to completely fill the dumpster every week. I even talked to the neighbors and they let me top-off their trash cans too!) I think the reason they gave me the "nasty-gram" was because the driver accidentally dropped the dumpster one day, and because of it's weight, the axle broke. So I had them replace it at their... strike that... my expense ($14/month).

Trash, and everything related to removing it, sucks!