Friday, February 27, 2009

Mother Treasure

This is going to take a little bit of explaining. I have every intention of doing one of those blog-books my friends are always talking about and I absolutely have to have this in there. Don't feel like you have to read it because it's pretty long but it is one of my "mother treasures". It still makes me chuckle 3 years after the fact. Junior was in the 7th grade when he almost turned this paper (on the American Civil War) in to his history teacher. It was a huge project that he had tons of time to work on and he was supposed to find sources and take it seriously, etc. He waited until the last minute to do it (because he was waiting for me to do it, I'm sure) and then 20 minutes before he left for school that morning I figured I had better check and make sure he had done the assignment properly. Keep in mind that the teacher that was going to get this did NOT have a sense of humor and my son really thought this would be acceptable (I do have his permission to share this). If you do decide to read it, it is easiest to click on the pictures so they are bigger and you won't go blind.
I think I ended up writing his whole paper for him in the end but I wouldn't trade anything for this memory. :-)




6 comments:

The Young's said...

Too Funny!! I would have loved to see the teacher's comments!

Grandpa Howe said...

Priceless! I found out the hard way that my Senior English teacher read all of our essays when I included a paragraph that rambled on about ho he didn't have the time nor intelligence to read every paper so this paragraph was just filling the page with words.
He wrote at the top of my paper "Ha, ha, fooled you. I read every word and you get a D." Actually I was satisfied with not getting an F.

Eric and Rozanne said...

That's very funny. Your boys have a great sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

A humorless teacher wouldn't have been happy but it is funny! Junior certainly does have a knack for writing- the serious and the whacky.

snapie said...

Awesome!

Lesley said...

I too think it is all about the blog book and this needs to be an entry! I would have given him an A, too funny! Love Ron's little test :)