
Well, Dad really did it. On Saturday, at the age of 65, he ran his first marathon with a time of 6 hours 11 minutes and 50 seconds. He had a little trouble near the beginning with an electrolyte pill nearly closing up his throat and a stumble near the very end but he did it!! I'm more than a little jealous and very, very impressed. I recall blogging about starting to use a pedometer which lasted for about 5 days. I was actually doing pretty well and amazed to see how my activity level was varying from day to day but you have to wear the thing at your waist. So I clipped it to my jeans, belt, whatever I had on and everytime I bent over the thing would fall off right when I straightened up and started walking. I managed to drop-kick the thing 5 times before it completely died. I'd still like to use one but don't see the point until I find one that is designed better. Anyway, way to go Dad!!
4 comments:
Yea for your dad. I feel so old but man to think I could look froward to running a marathon at 65 is awesome.
Maybe we should all have a pedometer surgically implanted. Then we would really know just how lazy or productive we are. I hate to wear it but if I could just plug up to the computer every night and see my progress that would be cool.
That's amazing! I don't know that I will ever make a marathon, but it's inspiring to see other people do it. It makes me think maybe I could someday.
What a great accomplishment!
I am so with you on the pedometer. I have never had any real success with the things. I love the idea, but the design needs some serious re-doing. I like Darsha's idea.
Good for your dad!! Maybe a pedometer that hangs around your neck?
Post a Comment