Friday, March 27, 2009

Blue and Gold

Where to begin? I have an obnoxious amount of posting to do due [say that fast-:-)--sorry, I'm a little tired] to Spring Break starting today. Since Jer will be working and going to school full time during the kids' entire week off, it's going to be up to me to entertain. I've got great plans...hey, look kids--how fun would it be to knock down all these spider webs in the garage or better yet...some kids will be smoking weed this week--let's go one better and go pull some! Yea! Mom's the best! I will try to schedule my posts so there won't be so many at once. I guess I'll start with the main thing I've spent all week doing and that is preparing for our ward's Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet that was held last night. I spent a solid 3 days getting everything ready for it although I believe our Cubmaster spent a full 3 weeks. It was really nice and I think everyone had a lot of fun. Although I helped set stuff up, the only thing in these first two pictures I can take credit for are the balloons and even then, they are full of Jer's hot air. I will take some of the credit for this though. Our wolf/bear den leader came up with an awesome idea for a gathering activity. One of the biggest problems you have at a Pack Mtg. is no one listening during the awards and way too much running around going on. I see no end in sight to that but this did keep a considerable number of kids occupied for quite a while and it was free. Our leader already had the butcher paper and I supplied the artistic talent (with some help from some coloring book pictures) to make this dinosaur mural. It was actually really fun to make. Spike was a big attraction too. We bought him for Rose for Christmas mostly because I thought he was awesome and so we had to bring him to our Jurassic park night. He's stealing the kids' crayons that are trying to work on the mural. Here's some of the goodies the kids got to take home last night. And then there were the awesome people who made it all work. My sons helped but the Fuller family (the Cubmaster, her husband and 2 teenage sons) were awesome!
Look how handsome those boys look! The young man without his Scout uniform didn't know our boys' had been asked to help and when he came with his family he jumped right in to help--thanks, Patrick!
I finally found a shot of our Cubmaster, sort of. She must be like Tina and know when there's a camera lurking. A moment that actually choked me up a little last night was when I overheard her youngest son (he's almost 14) come up to her and give her a hug and tell her she had done a wonderful job!! A couple of our boys crossing-over. Oh, I just noticed I caught the Cubmaster in the corner. :-)And one of the skits last night the boys' did with the help of one of our Primary counselors--she was also an incredible help yesterday even though it was her son's 11th birthday (and he earned his Webelos, Arrow of Light, and religious knot)--Thanks Jessica! What I love most about this picture is that 5 of the 6 boys are in my Primary class.

Ok, the worst part of the Blue and Gold is the sheer exhaustion of the whole thing. I was at the church for about 8 hours working non-stop (as were others) and when I had to wake up at 5am to get the boys up for seminary--I totally had pillow-face. And pillow-neck. I'm still tired but now I've got to go get some Botox. Do they have that at Walmart?

3 comments:

6L's said...

haha, nice pillow face! of course you may copy the pics off my blog! :)

The Young's said...

LOL You are the best, Linda! You work hard at everything you do. And that's why I don't take pictures, I have pillow face all the time!

Tina

Grandpa Howe said...

You can get it at Target. I use it all the time on my head.