Monday, February 23, 2009

My life now has shape

I got super ill after church yesterday and spent most of the rest of the day shaking severely in my room. I still feel pretty terrible and I woke up this morning finally running a fever which actually was a relief from the shaking. I've decided I'd rather sweat than shake uncontrollably. Rose came into the room to lie down on the bed next to me and her foot touched my back and she goes--"Mom, ew, you wet the bed." :-) I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow--I just hope I didn't infect the entire Primary. I had no idea I was getting that sick.
But what I really wanted to blog about was the socks I made. I can barely sew--the most I've managed to do is pillows (flat), curtains (flat), and tablecloths (flat). I can do a little crocheting but again just blankets or scarves (flat). I finally decided to try to crochet a pair of socks because my feet were cold and I did it! Nick tried this one on and since I wear a size 9 and his foot is a 14 wide, he kind of stretched them out badly. Then I didn't want to have to get more yarn so I did the second one really tight. So I basically have a pair of socks where one is falling off and the other is cutting off my circulation but still--I am just really happy I did something with an actual shape. Next up is a pair of pajama pants!

7 comments:

snapie said...

I am so impressed! They look awesome.

Grandpa Howe said...

You go girl! They would probably be just right for Bekah. :)

The Young's said...

You are the best. Hope you feel better soon!

Darsha said...

You can do anything thing Linda! Are you going to be crocheting the pants? I can't wait to see then.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! I can't believe that sock is your first try at one! It looks good.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Dude, if you can crochet a sock you can sew a non-flat item.

Those socks look comfy.

I hope someone made you soup!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Looks great! I'm so sorry about you being sick. I was thinking I should have offered to take your class so you could go home on Sunday. I could tell you weren't feeling well. Sounds miserable. I hope you are on the mend. Let me know if you need anything... Jesikah LOVES you as her teacher. She wants to have you guys over SO bad. We need to set a date.