Monday, December 1, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Here's our Christmas tree for 2008. Jeremy didn't know about this so I thought I'd blog about it. If you missed Black Friday due to a deployed husband or not enough good deals, today is when several companies try their hand at moving more stuff by offering incredible online deals. They generally even offer free shipping, so it can end up being a pretty good deal. We've been holding out on something we wanted and the Black Friday ads just weren't good enough. Today Best Buy came through with shining colors. Actually Saturday we did wander over to Walmart at about 930am and the only thing we found that we wanted were Candy Cane Oreos. If you like mint with your chocolate--these are INCREDIBLE! Not too minty, a little fuller on the creme than regular Oreos but not quite as thick as double-stuff--just perfect, they taste like Christmas in a box! I bought a package a month ago, they disappeared from the store for a few weeks--and there they were again on Saturday morning. We had a great Thanksgiving with my parents and my sister Jessica visiting from Alabama. My sister went through the temple for the first time on Friday and it was incredible. The Nashville temple just keeps meaning more and more to me. I love it. We even hung out with the Temple President and his wife for a few minutes. There are just some wonderful people here. We had a special Thanksgiving treat too--real turkeys in our backyard! I think we were just about to start cooking our bird (which my Dad gave me lessons for since I've never done a full one myself) and someone noticed these turkeys outside.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That trip was awesome. It was a very fun few days. Well, you didn't waste any time getting that tree up! It looks nice and shiny. Can't wait to see it in person!

Lesley said...

Oh my your tree looks fantastic! Turkeys in the backyard look at them running, i can just imagine them saying "we made it another year boys!" Congrats to sister Jess!

Grandpa Howe said...

How perfect! Just hope they don't come back and attack in revenge.

The Young's said...

Linda,
Pretty tree and all, but you do know what I think happens to people who mix mint and chocolate, dont you?

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, this is the only way I know how to get a hold of you. Could you email me your address? I have cub scout stuff to mail to Spencer(I've had it forever). We're moving now, so I really need to mail it. Here's my email jillamoore@yahoo.com Thanks Jill Moore