Wednesday, April 30, 2008

On a lighter note--Camp t-shirts

I had so much fun designing the pajama top t-shirts for girl's camp this July, I had to post it (and show it off). I am so glad I got into all this digital scrapbooking before trying to do this because it made it a piece of cake. My kids now want me to design all sorts of shirts for them. We'll have to see what else I can come up with. The theme for girl's camp this year is "Be constant as the North star" which is why I used a star that says "Don't forget your..."and the "PJ'S" with the "prayer, journal, scripture" are all star-filled letters (if you click on the pic, you can see it close up).


I learned a couple things in the process of doing this. Our printers do not have any white ink in them. I really wanted to go with the black t-shirts because with part of the theme being "star"--it just goes better but really I just didn't want to do deal with see-through white shirts. Anyway, this made the lack of white ink in a printer kind of a pain to work around. I don't know why it never occured to me before this that you can't just print white letters onto black paper. I also learned that iron-on transfers have come a long way! I remember when things like this would peel off if you breathed on them too much. The Avery packs for dark t-shirts come with five sheets to a pack at about $10 and they are awesome. I've even washed and dried this shirt according to directions and it looks perfect. I am also excited because my SIL's and I do handmade cousin gifts each Christmas and I finally have something I'm excited to do!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

The shirts look great! Great design and execution. I am at my sister's house and with her computer I can see your design on your blog, boy was I missing out I couldn't see any of the chocolate. It looks great!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You are so awesome. I'm kinda missing AZ right now. I'm trying not to have regrets but....

I'll chalk it up to not being able to go to camp.

The rest of my regret will explain itself later. ☺

Anonymous said...

That's a cute shirt! And you are so right about the white t-shirts! I hated those and would never wear them unless forced to and then would never wear them again. These black ones though are nice.

Suzanne said...

You have some serious talent going on there, woman! I'm thinking we need to have a little get together and you can show me a thing or two...like, I forgot what I'm supposed to do to extract my fonts the right way, and I need to bookmark those other scrapbooking sites you told me about. That kind of thing. Maybe nobody will show up to the next book group and we can just do that instead. Okay, just kidding, I'm sure people will show up, and I'm sure we'll want to discuss the book of your choice! Some other time though, I'm serious. I have to tap into your knowledge before I leave!

Tina said...

You don't know how happy and blessed we feel to have you as our camp director. When we as leaders are excited, then the girls are excited! You are amazing!

Suzie Howe said...

Awesome t-shirt. I love the design. Girls camp is so fun!