Sunday, April 27, 2008

I am a grandma and Rose's new trick

Hannah got mad at me today when I wouldn’t let her do something and so she turns around with hands on hips and goes, “You’re a… grandma!” Whoa! What is that supposed to mean? I then talked to her about her own grandmas, who apparently she loves, so this was no insult to them. After talking about how much she loves her grandmas, she goes, “But you’re a mean grandma.” I’m doing something wrong here. How does she know at 6, that I would prefer at 33 not to be referred to as a “Grandma”? Little stinker. That brings me to my other little stinker. Rose discovered today while I was trying to take a shower that she knows how to use a ballpoint-pen insert to unlock the door. Thank goodness no one else was around but after she repeated this trick 7 or 8 times, the pen-insert tip broke and ink was everywhere! I would have taken a pic for my blog but I was too panicked about getting it off of everything as quickly as possible—thank heavens for the Magic Eraser. At least I restrained myself from using it on her hands. Hope Jer is having this much fun in Alaska.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, you have a couple of clever little girls! Hannah never ceases to amaze me with the things she says. And Rose...how the heck did she figure the pen insert thing out? I wonder if she saw an older brother use a hanger or something. Or is she really just a budding mastermind??

Maybe they know how important this week is, with Jeremy in Alaska, and they are trying to help you keep your mind off it. =)

Lesley said...

I love the magic eraser! We all know it was hard for me to turn 30, I know it is young but for whatever reason it was hard. i had to smile when my kids were debating if I was old, "Bella say's it is not like she is 90 or something" Thanks belle for coming to my defence :) I am a Grandma too, and unfortunetly on sunday mornings a mean Grandma!

Suzie Howe said...

That is amazing that Rose figured out how to pick a lock. I'd keep a close eye on that one. I guess the Magic Eraser is really magic if you were able to get the ink off.