
I guess the truly poor wouldn't own a cricut or be able to afford vinyl but just ignore that. So I've got this new house we live in. I am dying to start decorating it. Not really fitting into the budget at the moment what with people's teeth and blah, blah...you've heard it all before. Anyway, I wanted to do something at least so I started playing around in our room. I think my vinyl lettering turned out awesome, I love the Vivaldi font. And I like the little frame I rigged up above our bed too. The bed is going to be higher up once I get a ton of wheat under it :-) which is why it's just kind of suspended in the air there. Hey, I have to explain these things before I get kicked off the Design Star series going on in my head. I love that show (I mean the real one).

And I really badly wanted to put some picture frames above the tub and toilet areas in our bathroom too. So I finally got to use that marble vinyl I got at Lowe's. I love how it turned out and the fact that I can peel it right off when I get the real frames I want.


But that's not all I've done with the cricut lately. Check these out. 99 cent glasses from Walmart with our names and little design etched on them. Here is Spencer's. I don't know why he wanted an elephant.


I was SO tired of all these cheap plastic cups being all over the kitchen. I like the idea of them all being mismatched so everyone has "their" cup they have to use all day. But it looks terrible when your kitchen sink is the middle of your house (which I still like by the way...but it does have it's challenges). So I personalized these glasses so they look nice (if you ignore the awful spotting on them from the dishwasher...don't judge me) and they match, but everyone has their own. We even have guest 1 and guest 2 glasses. If you've read this far, you might want to know how to do this. Just cut out your design on cheap vinyl, weed out the lettering so you have the silhouette left, stick it on the glass, get your etching cream (being super careful using plastic gloves, etc.), paint it on pretty thick but not so thick it oozes down (I speak from experience here) with a sponge brush (which I throw away after using), let the stuff sit for maybe 10 minutes, take it to the sink (keep your gloves on the WHOLE time), peel off the stencil while running water over the glass the whole time until it's all clean. Dishwash (in the machine where the water gets super hot and will get all the traces of that dangerous cream off) the glasses before using them to eat!! Or drink...whatever you think a glass is for....man, I need help :-)...anyway, voila, if you've managed not to chemically burn yourself, ya done good.
Now I think if you've gotten this far you deserve a chance at a reward so here's another little contest!!
Match up the person in the family to the correct design I put on their glass. First person to leave a comment with the correct persons and glass designs matched up (or the most correct by the time I decide the contest ends) will get something in the mail from me. I'm not going to say what because it may just be a roll of lifesavers, or a button, or a pair of socks... I'll know when the time is right ...and it has to be someone I actually know who can give me their address in an email (if I don't already have it). So here goes.
Designs
1.heart
2.pineapple
3.jackolantern
4.bubbles
5.rose
6.music note
7.basketball player dunking
Persons
1.Isaac
2.Rose
3.Junior
4.Linda
5.Nicholas
6.Hannah
7.Jeremy
There are 8 of us but obviously I already told you Spencer's. Good luck!
3 comments:
This is hard but here's my guess: Jeremy has the music note, Linda has the rose, Junior has the basketball player dunking, Nick has the pineapple, Hannah has the heart, Rose has the bubbles, and Isaac has the Jack o' Lantern.
Great to see you blogging often!
First of all thanks for the tutorial I bought all the stuff to do this now I just need to do it. Ok my guess for the glasses is Heart is Linda, pineapple is Hannah, the rose is Rose, The Jack-o-latern is Junior, the basketball player is Nick, the music note is Jeremy, and the bubbles Issac.
I love all your ideas...yes, I am going to say it one more time. As for my guess: bb player is Nick, music note is Jeremy, Rose is Linda, Bubbles is Isaac, Pineapple is Junior, Jack o lantern is Rose, Heart is Hannah.
Post a Comment