Saturday, May 28, 2011

This and that

I am actually writing this on May 22 because I know things are about to get Crazy around here. Junior will have graduated by the time this posts and the day this posts we should be packing trucks for what we hope will be the last time...please, oh please...Jer took the younger kids to guest housing tonight and it's been so quiet around here I managed to get this whole past week's worth of blogs done. I just wanted to write about a few things I don't have pictures for--Jer got a speeding ticket right outside post the other night mostly due to a light being out on his car, then the boys got detained at the post gate trying to come home late from Paducah, KY last night because apparently there is a curfew on the post, oops...We said goodbye to our branch today and only Nick had to speak but Jer and Nick and Junior did a nice musical number...I think our new ward should just let them sing too :-)...I tried to find someone's name on lds.org in our branch but our new ward is so on top of things we have already been switched to their info when we log in...that is completely awesome...we are going to get to see family this week which will also be awesome...Spencer will be 12 and in young men's in about a week from this posting...time is just flying, flying, flying...I always want things to calm down in a way, always saying when this happens we'll do this or once this happens we'll be able to do that and you forget to live in the moment sometimes. It's great to look forward and even sometimes to look back but if you're too focused on those, you don't see what is right in front of you. Like playing spoons with your kids or making Isaac laugh or listening to the boys recount their latest bball game. I always think of being a Mary or Martha when it comes to the gospel but it applies to just regular life too. It's great to have a clean kitchen but listening to Rose slowly read a verse in 1 Nephi tonight and her throwing the phrase "the gospel" in there whenever she didn't know the next word was really funny and worth the few minutes it took. Ahh, if only I could always be so patient and enjoy life!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hear Hear!! Great post, enjoy the moment.

Rozanne said...

Love it! I can totally relate to the scripture reading thing. The kids get so impatient when it is Jarem's turn to read. :) I hope you made it to Alabama with all your stuff unbroken and are starting to get settled in. I am so excited for you in your new house.