Sunday, July 18, 2010

50 miler


Junior and Nick had the awesome experience at the very beginning of the summer to go on a 50 mile hike in the Appalachians with their scout troop. It took quite a bit of preparation but thanks to that preparation not one of the boys didn't make it and they had no big disasters either. I think they had done about 6 previous hikes with packs to get ready for this thing and then of course we had to get all the "stuff" ready. They both had a really good time but I highly recommend giving your boys a few days to unwind after they've been around a bunch of guys for too long in difficult circumstances. The boys were much more mellow after youth conference and in a much better mood--which I will attribute to the presence of girls. :-) The only thing I hate about these activites they do is I can't control the documenting of it! I want to see pictures and videos and lots of them but no such luck. Junior tried for me a little but in all fairness, his camera is even lamer than mine. It sure looked like a beautiful place for a hike.


1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Eric has some pics if I ever get them posted and I plan to steal some off Matt's facebook too. :) Hopefully sooner than later...