Sunday, November 22, 2009

Eagle Project #1

So our 16 year old finally carried out his Eagle Project yesterday. His project was to make and donate 500 children's mittens to the shelter here in Clarksville. I cannot believe how much people gave of themselves to help him out. Actually a month or so ago another scout in our ward did his Eagle project and over a period of 3 days, he got over 160 hours of labor recorded. So here it is a month later and in 1 day Junior got almost exactly 200 hours of labor recorded! He did have some volunteers from another ward which really helped but I was just amazed at how many people turned out to help. Even the teenagers from our ward outdid themselves. It was awesome. I know these are a lot of pictures but hey, if these people were willing to help out, I am willing to take the time to upload all these photos.














Junior didn't get a picture of Bro. Russell but he is his home teaching companion and he wanted to support Junior so he brought Shipley's doughnuts and juice for breakfast. Then he went home and cooked up a bunch of burgers and brought lunch too!


This lady (below) doesn't look like she knows what she's doing, huh? ;-)


Nearly half of the mittens were finished and all of them were cut out so there is still going to be more hours of labor recorded since individuals took mittens home to finish. I think his project will top 300 hours. Although the official rule is that 100 hours of labor are no longer required, the district here will not approve a proposal unless there are going to be 100+ hours of labor. So now that we are down one, we are in the process of beginning another. I highly recommend not doing 2 boys' Eagle projects in one family close together. It's a little stressful. But with a church full of people like ours, it's also a little awesome! Thank you to everyone (this is from Junior too)!

3 comments:

6L's said...

that pic of you made my remember that i wanted to tell you today that you look like you've lost weight and you look fab! is it all the water drinking?

Christie said...

I was out of town, so I missed. Looks like you had a lot of help. What a great project.

snapie said...

I really was so happy to help! It has changed my life. Yes that sounds a little bit much, but I have decided to strengthen my talents and do more for those in need!