Friday, October 9, 2009

Someday...

I did not create this. A lady in our ward, Diana Fuller, made these for her sons when they graduated from Cub Scouts. This lady could kick Martha Stewart's butt. She is our ward Cubmaster and she is amazing. I just wanted to put a picture of this on my blog so anyone who has cub scouts or will have cub scouts can get an idea of a way to display all the things the boys get. This stuff isn't cheap so it's a great idea to do something special with it. The detail here is just awesome. If you look closely at the arrow, you can see she has used colored stripes of wrapped thread to represent each of the badges (red for wolf, aqua for bear, etc.) and then she used gold and silver/gray thread to show how many arrow points they got after each badge was awarded. If I ever get my act together maybe my boys will get one of these, for now they are just lucky if their merit badges aren't trailing behind them on the ground at the end of a badly-sewn thread. :-)

1 comment:

Christie said...

Wow!! Impressive. Yeah, good for you for even aspiring to it. Me, Im not even going to pretend to try to do this and I only have one boy!!