Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This is kind of a catch-all from our trip to Alabama in June. I realized I hadn't even posted a picture of the house I grew up in. My parents have lived in this house for 30 years. Can you tell the lawn is kind of important to my mother? Her grass was nearly flourescent it was so bright green. Below is one of the houses across the street. I have a lot of memories related to this house such as sliding down the front lawn on pieces of cardboard.
Isn't this a cute pothead?
Here's a few shots of the kids inside the house.



I've been married for nearly 17 years and my mother still has this basket of flowers from my wedding/reception. I remember when people were wanting me to choose my "colors" and I was so worried about making people spend money, etc. that I choose the color based on a pair of shoes that Melissa already owned I think. So basically peach was the color and I actually still like it. I have got a huge box full of pictures from pre-digital camera days that I've got to scan and get on this blog. This will be my project this year while the kids are in school.

4 comments:

Darsha said...

Nice house full of memories I am sure. My parents still live in the house I grew up in. It is fun to go back.
So your son called yesterday looking for Randa. He sounds like a MAN. I thought twice about letting her talk to him or not. I guess Korea is a safe distance for a harmless phone call right.

Rozanne said...

I'm surprised that you asked me for lawn tips...your mom's lawn is amazing. :) I'm just an amateur.

Aaron said...

It is crazy to see pictures of your parent's house. I remeber going to their house for Scouts. I vividly remeber making tin can stilts and picking strawberries in the back yard.

Becky's Corner said...

I didn't know that basket of peach flowers was from your wedding, Linda! Great pictures of the house! :)