Friday, June 12, 2009

Fat is where it's at

It worked! I knew I could make German pancakes a little healthier. I decided to forgo the stick of butter you're supposed to melt in each pan before adding the batter and just sprayed it with a little Pam. I cut out 88 GRAMS OF FAT right here. They weren't quite as good or filling but since they normally make me feel a bit queasy with all that grease--I think I'll do it this way again. And that way there's no guilt when we pile on the pie filling, whipped cream, nutella, etc., right?

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Good idea! Glad you tried it first...now I'm gonna make them that way. I like the idea of pie filling and everything too. We usually just do powdered sugar. Sounds good and with saving all those grams of fat, why not?

snapie said...

I will never give up the butter. I do use just a few tbsps and then to finish I dust with powdered sugar. We only fill ours with tons and tons of strawberries. That makes it healthy in my book!

Grandpa Howe said...

No butter? Blasphemy!