I don’t know what the big deal was with everyone hating on Indy. It was just pure Indiana Jones fun. Nothing mind boggling, plenty of the ridiculous, but just a fun way to waste a rainy afternoon in Sedona. I was very impressed with Mr. Even Stevens playing Indy’s long lost son. The part where he was swinging through the forest on vines like a Tarzan-pro was so ridiculous I couldn’t help smile and that’s probably why I enjoyed the movie so much. People take themselves far too seriously. Ok, I wasn’t intrigued at all by the preview for Prince Caspian but part of the reason for that is I can’t stand the first Narnia movie. It is one of the most boring movies I’ve ever seen. But many members of this family wanted to see it so we brought the first Narnia movie on our trip to watch (because of course we have it on DVD despite me not really caring for it) before going to see the second. I managed to stay awake for the first time ever during the first movie but that was only through tremendous effort. I had to resort to pinching and slapping myself in the face. BUT, the second movie is WAY better than the first. It’s nothing we haven’t seen before but it was very well-done. It does seem like a LOTR for kids except it seems awfully violent for a kids’ movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment